Have you considered the potential increase in revenue you could earn if you start displaying video ads on your website or social networking page? As someone who is involved in the marketing game, you always need to be one step ahead. Video advertising presents an opportunity to do exactly this.
Let’s put some statistics into perspective for a moment…
As of March 2017, the number of active monthly Facebook users was 1.94 billion, therefore it is not surprising that advertisers are bumping up their social media marketing efforts. The social networking site takes the lead as the most used network for video sharing, with 42% claiming it is a critical tool for business.
Web users are 27 times more likely to click on a video ad than a regular ad, which is proof you really ought to be taking full advantage of this marketing move. On that note, let’s delve into the ways in which you can bolster your revenue by effectively using video advertising.
Which advertisers are using what methods of video advertising?
Video consumption is growing and the sooner you realize this, the better. Here are some impressive examples of video marketing being done right on Facebook:
- Apple: #TAYLORvsTREADMILL – Apple teamed up with Taylor Swift for the promotion of Apple Music. The idea was to make the video relatable, despite Swift’s celebrity status.
- Unicef: Story for a Cause – Unicef transformed global issues into a tear-jerking animated story as a way of increasing awareness.
- Samsung: Assemble – Fans were brought closer to the action with these character animation scenes, which featured famous athletes competing in an Avengers-style battle.
- LG: Low Battery Anxiety – When LG provided tips on how to overcome the fear of a smartphone battery dying, 9 out of 10 viewers related!
Tips to Stay Ahead of the Competition with Video Advertising
It’s hard not to feel inspired by the many brands that are broadening their reach through the use of video marketing. If you are to follow in their footsteps, you would benefit from taking the following tips on board:
- The Concept – Define your brand by choosing the concept of your video(s) wisely. All of the choices you make in terms of video advertising will rest on the concept. Consider your strategic goals and if you like what another brand has accomplished, why not recreate the concept with a unique twist?
- Custom Audience Options – Select up to six “Video Engagement Custom Audiences” on Facebook for a more direct promotional approach. You can even assess the behavior of viewers and develop “Lookalike Audiences”.
- The Length – Not everybody has a good attention span, so focus on a “shorter the better” attitude. A video that runs for 1-2 minutes will be long enough to get the message across, but short enough to keep viewers engaged. Short, flash-type content is preferred by Facebook, so take this into account to execute a successful video advertising strategy.
- The Soundtrack – According to psychologists, the average human attention span for online videos is around 60 seconds. Keep your viewers interested for the entire duration by including a soundtrack. Music offers psychological benefits when used in video advertising. Audio clips can evoke emotion and stick in the viewers minds, which will essentially help them to remember your brand.
- Split Testing – Ameliorate ad performance on Facebook by using the social networking site’s Split Testing feature. This handy tool can be utilized to test variables such as Delivery Optimization, Audience, and Placement. Should you be targeting more than one audience, Split Testing will prevent an audience crossover.
- Hiring a Professional – The first 10 seconds of your video are the most important. If the lighting, camera angle, font, narrative, or whatever else is contained in your content does not appear professional or enticing at the very beginning, viewers are going to look elsewhere. Seek assistance from video editors, videographers, and freelance animators to make your video stand out.
It is imperative that you stay on top of the latest trends, from the newest video advertising formats, to the platforms that the content is being shared across. Since the Internet and technology are evolving at a rapid rate, your company’s success is dependent on your knowledge of video advertising, not to mention the technique you choose to begin reaping revenue.