You’ve decided to foray into video content marketing with your company. You’ve got all your resources together and are ready to start shooting. There’s just one problem: what kind of videos should you make, in order to connect with your audience?
Just standing in front of a camera, droning on about your company and products for five minutes, isn’t going to attract very many viewers. If you really want to build an audience, your content needs to keep them engaged and be worth their attention. Here are five types of videos that are popular with audiences and can help you boost video traffic.
- For any type of content, lists are a great way of breaking down information into bite-sized pieces (case-in-point: this blog post). Sites like Buzzfeed have become famous for content like, “21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity,” and “25 Ways to Tell You’re a Kid of the 90s.” And you can do it with video just as easily as with text. Look at channels like WatchMojo, Top Trending, and Screen Rant. The combined viewership for just these few channels is over 7 billion views. Think of some things that your brand can count down, and turn them into simple but effective video content.
- Q&As. What are some common questions that your audience has about your brand, products, or industry in general? More importantly, what questions are they typing into Google? By answering those questions in a clear, concise, video format, you can catch the attention of the people searching for them and draw them to your site by providing them with the answers they need. Target different Q&A videos to prospects, leads, existing customers, etc. It’s a great way to reach people at each stage of the buying cycle.
- Curated Video Newsletter. Maybe you don’t want to put the time and resources into producing your own video content. That doesn’t mean you can’t still benefit from video marketing. You can be a content curator instead: sort through the vast number of videos being posted to YouTube and other places, take the best ones, organize them into categories, and send them out regularly to your list of e-mail subscribers. Every week, you can have your favorite new video, your favorite older video that your viewers may not know about, your favorite how-to or instructional video, etc. With a little effort, you can use other people’s content to drive people to your site. Just be sure always to credit the original video creators for their work.
- Killer Content. Some types of video content producers like to be jacks of all trades, master of none. They produce as many types of content as they can, in the hope that some of it takes off. Others prefer to focus on just one type of content and do it really well. They set themselves up as experts in their particular field with killer video content that attracts attention and establishes their authority. This opens up the door to a flood of potential video traffic at the top of the sales funnel, and draws people in, laying the groundwork for sales later on.
- Product Reviews. Reviews are an important part of the purchasing decision 92% of customers now look up reviews online before purchasing a product. So encourage your customers who have had positive experiences to leave reviews of your company and products. And encouraging them to do those reviews as videos is even better. It adds a video element, where they can do more than just say what a great product it is—they can actually show it to their viewers. Not only is this a great way to promote your brand, it provides you with more branded video content without your actually having to produce it yourself. Offer incentives to your customers for posting video product reviews, such as a discount on their next purchase. Then post links to these reviews on social media, to spread the word about your brand.
These are just a few of the ways you can use video content to boost your web traffic and gain visibility for your brand. There are tons of other creative ways to promote your company using video marketing. Videos are one of the most effective types of content you can make for driving traffic and increasing sales. What kind of video content will you make for your brand?